Thursday, October 5, 2006

Carnival Cruise Shuttle




Esultate!!
After a very long, too long silent period I start again to write my blog, in my really bad english, and I dedicate this choice to my dear grandfather Brian, and my family in England and in Israel so that they can be able sometimes to be updated about my life.
English language is not the only one new: I'm writing now as I married woman, even though it sounds still strange to me, and I can't really get used to being called Mrs Kabaretti.
Everything was so quik! We decided to get marry on the end of august and a couple of weeks later we flow to Cyprus and just did it!!
Wy Cyprus?
1-PRACTICAL REASON: It is the nearest country where differences of nationality, cultures and religion are not an obstacle to choose one's life companion.
2-ROMANTIC REASON: Aphrodithe-the Goddes of Love herself elected this island as her native land, by appearing on a huge shell floating on the sea foam in front of Paphos.
3-HISTORICAL REASON: Me and my love first met during the break of Verdi's Otello, in the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino and it was a veritable coup de foudre !! Now Otello takes place nowhere else but in Cyprus making this Island the perfect setting for our longed wedding.

The day after the ceremony we went to visit Otello's Castle in Famagusta. Inspired by the Shakespearian setting my dear husband thought I was Desdemona!

0 comments:

Post a Comment